1. Eligibility: This Creator Contest (“Contest”) is open only to those who sign up with a valid e-mail address and who have met the legal age requirement in their respective countries as of the date of entry. The Contest is open to all residents of all nations, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Metaverse Holdings ltd (“Decentraland”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the panel of judges (the “Judges”) as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest including the right to deploy the Content on Decentraland's virtual world.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on the 18th of March of 2019 at 9:00 AM EST and ending the 1st of April of 2019 at 00:00 AM EST. All online entries must be received by 1st of April 2019 at 00:00 AM EST. You agree that Contest Period may change due to unforeseen circumstances or modified discretionary.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by registering a valid email address and submitting the content (“Scene”) built with the Builder as instructed. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Judges. You may submit as many scenes as you wish however only up to 10 scenes per participant stand a chance for qualifier prizes, and 1 scene per participant for a grand prize. You must provide all the information requested. You may not use multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Judges.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive MANA and LAND on Decentraland from the Community Reserve with a capped volume. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Judges and their rights to modify the prizes are reserved. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the Judges' discretion. The prizes are non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or possible local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winners. No substitution of a prize or transfer/assignment of a prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Decentraland to use Winner’s name; likeness in the form of a representation, image, or portrait; and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a panel of judges made up of development and design experts. Winners will be notified by email within fourteen (14) days following selection of the Winners. Decentraland shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is determined as ineligible by the Judges according to the Eligibility Terms & Conditions defined above, fails to claim the prize within 90 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to return a completed and executed declaration and release as required in a timely manner, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. It is ultimately the Winner’s responsibility to comply to the laws and regulations where he/ she resides. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE JUDGES SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., scene, photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Decentraland, anyone acting on behalf of Decentraland, and Decentraland’s licensees, successors, and assignees, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, your chosen public identity or name you chose to identify yourself, your chosen picture or your avatar, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Judges. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Decentraland and the Judges from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Decentraland may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
8. Discretions: Decentraland reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Decentraland’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Decentraland may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Decentraland. Decentraland reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Decentraland has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Decentraland reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Decentraland and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Cayman Island, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Cayman Island having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Decentraland (Metaverse Holdings Ltd.) and the address is Landmark Square, 3rd Floor, 64 Earth Close Grand Cayman KYI-9006 Cayman Islands.
13. The Contest hosted by Decentraland is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Discord, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest and other social media platforms where the Contest might be communicated.
15. The Contest does not amount to, and should not be construed as, an invitation or offer to acquire either MANA or LAND. You do not need to acquire MANA or LAND in order to participate in the Contest.
In order to participate in the Contest, you must have legal capacity in your place of residence.
16. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY ANY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU FULLY INDEMNIFY AND WILL NOT HOLD DECENTRALAND (METAVERSE HOLDINGS LTD.), ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF INCOME, REVENUE AND PROFITS, OR GOODWILL, OR DATA) OR INJURY WHATSOEVER CAUSED BY OR RELATED TO THE PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, THE ACQUISITION, POSSESSION OR USE (OR INABILITY TO USE) LAND OR THE USE (OR INABILITY TO USE) OF THE SMART CONTRACT SYSTEM, THE ETHEREUM NETWORK, THE APPLICABLE ELECTRONIC WALLET, UNDER ANY CAUSE OF ACTION WHATSOEVER OF ANY KIND IN ANY JURISDICTION.