1. Eligibility: This contest (“Campaign”) is open only to those who sign up with a valid e-mail address and who have met the legal age requirement in their respective countries as of the date of entry. The Campaign is open to all residents of all nations, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Metaverse Holdings Ltd. (“Company”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Company as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on the _th of February of 2019 at 9:00 AM EST and ending the 1st of April of 2019 at 00:00 AM EST. All online entries must be received by 1st of April of 2019 at 00:00 AM EST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by registering a valid email address and performing a referral and other tasks online as instructed. Each entry entitles You one eligible draw. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Company. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Company.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive MANA, LAND and mobile device. Actual/appraised prizes and their value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Company. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Company’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or possible local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Company to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries/ chances of draws received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Company using a system provided by gleam.io. Winner will be notified by email within five (14) days following selection of Winner. Company shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 90 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. It is ultimately the Winner’s responsibility to comply to the laws and regulations where he/ she resides. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT COMPANY’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Company, anyone acting on behalf of Company, and Company’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your profile, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold Company harmless from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Company may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Company’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Company may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Company. Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Company has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Company reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Company and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Cayman Island, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Cayman Island having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Company (Metaverse Holdings Ltd.) and the address is Landmark Square, 3rd Floor, 64 Earth Close Grand Cayman KYI-9006 Cayman Islands.
14. The Campaign hosted by Company is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Discord, Twitter, Linkedin, and Pinterest.
15. By checking here and/or submitting your entry, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
16. This does not amount to, and should not be construed as, an invitation or offer to acquire either MANA or LAND. You do not need to acquire MANA or LAND in order to participate in the Contest.
In order to participate in the Contest, you must have legal capacity in your place of residence.
17. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY ANY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU WILL NOT HOLD METAVERSE HOLDINGS LTD., ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF INCOME, REVENUE AND PROFITS, OR GOODWILL, OR DATA) OR INJURY WHATSOEVER CAUSED BY OR RELATED TO THE PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, THE ACQUISITION, POSSESSION OR USE (OR INABILITY TO USE) LAND OR THE USE (OR INABILITY TO USE) OF THE SMART CONTRACT SYSTEM, THE ETHEREUM NETWORK, THE APPLICABLE ELECTRONIC WALLET, UNDER ANY CAUSE OF ACTION WHATSOEVER OF ANY KIND IN ANY JURISDICTION.
18. These terms and conditions are written in both Chinese and in English. Both language versions are considered to be equally authentic. In the event of any discrepancy between the two aforementioned versions, the English version shall prevail in determining the spirit, intent, and meaning of these terms and conditions.