Technical updates – 4 Feb, 2020
Releases, improvements and fixes from the Decentraland engine room.
Preparations for Public Launch on 20.02.2020 continue at full speed, including tweaks and refinements for our four-day Treasure Hunt throughout Genesis City.
Specifically, the team is looking at player onboarding and tutorial, real-time airdrops of tokens and a range of other features.
Aside from over 20 bug fixes in last two weeks, we’ve also:
- Started rolling out major performance and stability improvements
- Enabled clicking on another player’s avatar to see their profile and info about the NFTs they are wearing
- Added a Settings menu to turn sound on/off, tweaked mouse sensitivity and adjusted graphics settings for optimum quality vs. performance
- Added /goto random and /goto magic chat commands allowing users to go to a random parcel or to go to a point of interest
Around the launch event, we’re facilitating the fundamentals of life beyond Public Launch. This includes improvements to:
- Login flow using web 3
- Decentralized communications among peers
- Storage, transfer and synchronization mechanism for the decentralized content service
- Decentraland node hosting
The next technical update will be only days from launch – we can’t wait! In the meantime, any questions or issues, hit us up on Discord.