Technical updates – 20 Jan, 2020
Welcome to the new year’s (and decade’s) first round-up of releases, improvements and fixes from the Decentraland engine room.
Tough to beat the upcoming Decentraland Public Launch for technical updates, so we’re not going to try. Here’s what you can expect when the virtual world opens to everyone on 20.02.2020 (or Day 0 as some in the team are calling it):
- Establishment of the Decentraland DAO
- Full decentralization of the world’s infrastructure (communications between users and the serving of content)
- No single agent will have the power to modify the rules of the software, curate LAND content, modify the economics of MANA, upgrade the LAND smart contract unilaterally, or prevent others from accessing the world
- A host of other decentralization features to be announced
We can hardly wait for the gates to open. In the meantime, here are some smaller, but no less important, updates from the team:
- Reportedly “heavy development” of services required for Public Launch. Enough said!
- Greatly improved mouse sensitivity to allow for easier pointing at small things
- In Builder you can now multi-select various items to move/rotate/scale them together
- More configurable properties for pointer events: maximum distance, button type, on-hover text
- Various bugs related to stability now fixed
- Development of first implementation of playing avatar animations
- Avatar UI now indicates when a player owns several of a same wearable
Happy New Year from all of us at Decentraland. It’s going to be a big one! In the meantime, any questions or issues, hit us up on Discord.