Technical updates – 19 May, 2020
Releases, improvements and fixes from the Decentraland engine room.
Hopefully you’re all keeping well out there. The team has been busy fixing, tweaking and updating various elements in our virtual world. Here’s the latest…
World & Platform
- New feature for Friends & Private Messaging released soon
- To improve rendering speed and stability, we’re improving conversion from GTLF to Asset Bundles in order
- We’re working on adding a DB to the Content Server to support Garbage Collection of unused content
Builder & Marketplace
- Kick-started the new Builder UI with land management and scene analytics
- New map released
- Support for video streaming added shortly
- Support for more fonts added shortly
- Docs site restructured with new docs for the Builder and Marketplace
- Several bugs with scene loading and parenting of entities fixed
Until the next update – which we promise not to leave as long – hit us up on Discord if you have any questions or issues.